Aged Care Worker | McKkr’s Training & Internships
Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
Pennwood Village is owned and operated by The Serbian Community Welfare Association of South Australia Inc (SCWASA). The company has a household model of care and memory support unit to provide care for the special needs of those living with Dementia. We have a philosophy of care and pride ourselves in our motto “Dignity in Care”. We cater for the service demands of multicultural groups, in particular of Serbian and other European groups including Australians, and we also deliver services in the home allowing elderly to remain living in their home.
Skills and experience required for this position:
- AQF Certificate II or III in an Aged Care related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Aged Care or restorative care (highly regarded)
- Compassion for the elderly and a can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent clinical documentation skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with your team and residents.
- You must be Australian Citizen/Permanent resident or have proper working rights in Australia
• Implementing care programs for our aged residents by way of providing daily care activities such as showering, grooming, dressing, feeding and other personal hygiene.
• Applying appropriate, effective and safe care to meet the health, social and psychiatry needs of our residents.
• Assisting and supporting residents appropriate to their specific health, safety and personal care requirements such as preparing meals according to their specific dietary requirements.
• Monitoring and reporting all observed changes in resident’s health, wellbeing and behaviour.
• Liaising with other health care professionals, community groups, family members and carers to implement a support program for the residents and their supporting families e.g. by arranging social activities to enhance and strengthen emotional support to the residents.
• Interviewing and building rapport with residents to assess the nature and the extent of their difficulties.
• Assisting with mobility, providing transport to and from medical appointments and light physiotherapy exercises.
• Tidying and cleaning the premises, including sanitising activities.
• Following and responding to any health and safety guidelines or medical issues.
The suitable candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within Individual Support? Consider a Certificate 3 in Individual Support with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide, Hospitality jobs and more
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.