Website South Australian Jockey Club
Head of Hospitality Operations | South Australian Jockey Club
Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
Head of Hospitality Operations
- Hospitality and Event Industry
- Challenging and dynamic Role
- Great location with free car parking and close to tram
Are you passionate about delivering a high standard of service to customers? Do you have management level experience within the Hospitality Industry with the ability to plan and organize events effectively? If you answered yes to these questions, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Morphettville Racecourse is South Australia’s premier hospitality venue, playing host to more than 50 days of racing action per annum and 170 other exciting events. The club employs approximately 70 permanent and up to 400 casual staff. These staff are spread throughout administration, hospitality, operations, event day casuals and the Club’s external entertainment venue – the Junction. Morphettville has 22 private functions spaces suitable for conferences, 21st’s, wedding, dinners and more.
The SAJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and all candidates are encouraged to apply and will be treated fairly irrespective of differences in non-job related factors.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and dedicated person to lead the hospitality team and make a real difference to the business. Based at Morphettville Racecourse you will be responsible for providing efficient and quality service to all SAJC clientele by effectively managing all day to day hospitality operations for the venue. This role will act as the communication point to ensure all operational requirements are met. Other key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing rostering staff to ensure customer service levels and cost effectiveness is maintained.
- Ensuring all customer service standards are being delivered on a consistent basis.
- Providing strong leadership and the development of staff.
- Assisting in the development of business plans, policy and procedure.
- Liaising with and coordinating external providers to ensure delivery of product required.
- Ensuring that the SAJC is maintaining the Responsible Service of Alcohol and Licensing requirements.
- Promoting and delivering upon WHS requirements.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Proven experience in managing a team of people within the Hospitality industry.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- High levels of customer service orientation.
- A thorough understanding of Liquor Licensing requirements, including the responsible service of alcohol.
- Significant experience in the effective rostering of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work weekends as required.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
If you believe that you have the skills, experience and motivation to undertake the advertised role please send a covering letter and resume registering your interest to Tamara Armstrong, People, Culture and Safety Coordinator by 22 November 2019.
For a copy of the position description or more information, please contact Tamara Armstrong on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a leadership role within the hospitality industry? Consider a Certificate 4 in Hospitality with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide, Hospitality jobs and more.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.