Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
Ventia in partnership with the Australian Defence Force are currently seeking an experienced Chef with a passion for pastries and desserts.
This is a permanent full-time position. You’ll be working at the RAAF Base Edinburgh, South Australia.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Supporting the Head Chef with daily mess operations and food service.
- Food preparation including operating large volume cooking equipment.
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences, in line with contract expectations.
- Support and participate in the implementation and management of Ventia’s Food Safety Program.
- Clean, sanitise and maintain the equipment and premises.
- Support stock management initiatives, including stock rotation and restocking consumables.
Skills & Experience
- Australian recognised Commercial Cookery qualification. (required)
- HACCP level 2 certification. (required)
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Previous experience in a similar commercial hospitality role.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team.
- Drivers Licence as travel may be required on occasion between Defence Bases.
- Knowledge or understanding of Defence Force operations, systems and functions. (desirable)
Must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance. As a result of this requirement the applicant must be an Australian Citizen.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Click Apply and forward your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.
You must be an Australian citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
Position Reference Number: 141795
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within a kitchen? Consider a Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery course with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.