Website The Lonsdale Hotel
Chef | The Lonsdale Hotel
The Lonsdale Hotel is a family owned and operated local southern business, providing the southern suburbs with exceptional food at great prices. We love to support local suppliers and have a focus on fresh and seasonal food.
Your new role
The Full Time Chef will need to be able to produce quality food efficiently while maintaining high standards for food presentation. The Chef works within a team on a daily basis, this includes front of house staff members. The Chef answers directly to our Head Chef Greg Geishek.
Teamwork is essential within this role and the successful candidate must be willing to adapt to the pace and busyness of the hotel at any given time while maintaining composure. This position is being offered on a Full Time basis and the hourly rate will be accordingly aligned with the Hospitality Industry General Award. The position includes overtime which is paid accordingly.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Chef within a similar environment.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to work in highly demanding situations.
- The ability and desire to work various shifts of day and night.
- Demonstrated pride with their work.
- Ability and experience with direct food preparation and service.
- Ability to problem-solve and rectify arising problems or complaints in a calm manner.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers, suppliers and customers.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Please apply in person at The Lonsdale Hotel between 11am-5pm for a confidential conversation. At The Lonsdale Hotel we encourage diversity and are passionate about growth and development as well as staff retention.
We look forward to reading your application to see what you can bring to our busy and growing hotel!
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking to start your career as a Chef? Consider a Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery SIT30816 course with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.