Website South Australian Jockey Club
Chef | South Australian Jockey Club
Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
Casual Chef roles at Morphettville Racecourse
- Vibrant and fast paced work environment
- Exciting industry
- Great team environment
The South Australian Jockey Club is South Australia’s premier racing club, playing host to 55 days of racing action throughout the year at Morphettville Racecourse. The South Australian Jockey Club is home to a diverse multipurpose venue featuring 22 functions rooms which are available to host events seven days a week. Our employees are spread throughout Hospitality, Administration, Operations and the Club’s external entertainment venue – The Junction.
The SAJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and all candidates are encouraged to apply and will be treated fairly irrespective of differences in non-job related factors.
With the Spring Racing Carnival just around the corner, we have the requirement for a number of casual chefs to deliver high quality service during our busiest time of the year.
We are seeking an appropriately skilled and qualified Casual Chefs to take on a fundamental role within the SAJC. To be successful, you will need to have experience working in a 4 – 5 star hotel or restaurant equivalent with banqueting expertise.
The role will take responsibility for:
- Maintaining food quality and presentation per SAJC standards
- Food preparation and presentation for a la carte, buffet and functions
- Maintaining a hygienic, tidy and safe work environment
- Assisting in all kitchen departments where necessary
Remuneration will be paid as per the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award. A minimum of 30 hours per week will be offered with room for growth.
To be considered for the casual chef role, you will also need to have:
- Proven experience in high volume work with the ability to adapt to last minute changes
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Certificate 3 in Professional Commercial Cookery (minimum requirement)
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to lead by example and motivate staff
- Previous experience working in a large scale commercial kitchen such as a Hotel, Entertainment Centre or Function Centre with multiple outlets
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
The successful applicants must be available to work on weekends and evenings when required.
If you believe that you have the skills, experience and motivation to undertake any of the advertised positions please send a covering letter and resume registering your interest by 20 September 2019.
Due to the large volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking to start your career as a Chef? Consider a Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery SIT30816 course with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.