Website Hawtorn Child Care Centre
Cook | Hawthorn Child Care Centre
Your role as a Child Care Cook
As the Cook, you will plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children.
You will be developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations and ensures children’s health and well being whilst maintaining strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community. You will ensure that best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within your kitchen at all times.
Successful Cooks at our centres will have a:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety program knowledge
- Worked in a child care setting
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working within in a team
- Working with Children’s Check
- Can work independently
- Certificate 3 in Community food services would be an advantage.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you hold a current Food Handlers certificate?
- Do you have experience with menu planning & costing?
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking to start your career as a Chef? Consider a Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery SIT30816 course with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.