Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
- Job title – Disability Support Worker
- Work type – Casual
- Location – Metropolitan Adelaide
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide care and support to participants in line with their NDIS goals.
- Assist with personal care activities including showering, getting dressed, personal hygiene, toileting, getting in and out of bed, assistance with eating and moving around the house.
- Assist with household tasks including meal preparation, house cleaning and laundry.
- Transport clients to appointments, school, work or anywhere else they need to go.
- Assist clients to participate in the community – for example visiting the library, seeing a movie or joining a sports club.
- Maintain accurate records and case notes for clients.
Qualifications and requirements
- Safety Intervention Training (SIT) – previously known as MAPA
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Certificate III in Disability or other equivalent qualification
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Full Driver’s License
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Work rights in Australia
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and enthusiastic
Experience in a similar role will be highly advantageous.
Why work for us?
Competitive Salary – We will pay a competitive salary of $40 – $88 per hour, plus the applicable superannuation. The hourly rate varies based on the days worked.
Career development opportunities – We have a strong focus on professional development and are committed to supporting and developing our team throughout their employment. We will have opportunities to transition into part time and full time work.
Work/life balance – You tell us when you are available to work and we can plan for your hours to fit with your lifestyle. We also have a variety of work locations to suit your needs.
Part of a professional team – At Ross Care, our team is our greatest asset. This is a rewarding role in which you will be part of a passionate, dedicated, and diverse team who are committed to making a positive difference in people’s lives. We have a great firm culture and often catch up with our team for team building.
About the business
Ross Care is a registered NDIS provider who services the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide. Our services include support in SIL homes, Day Options, community participation and assistance with self-care. Our mission is to create an inclusive Australia where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. For people with disabilities, this means having access to the highest quality care and support.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within Individual Support? Consider a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.