Nangray Inclusive Supports
Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
Nangray Inclusive Supports is an Adelaide based NDIS Registered Service Provider. We take pride in supporting all individuals living with a disability whilst respecting individual needs, inclusive of cultural & linguistic diversity within our community.
We are recruiting specifically to create a team around a young adult requiring a 2:1 ratio of supports 24/7 in his own home in the southern suburbs of Adelaide.
He requires his support staff to have good communication skills and experience utilising various communication strategies such as visuals, schedules and other high tech communication tools. He likes to go out and about and loves his music and rhythm and participating in physical activities within his home, requiring active engagement and attention from his staff.
Due to his complex presentations at times, he needs his staff to be experienced and highly skilled in implementing positive behaviour support strategies which will be supported by the therapeutic team around him.
Not only is it important for his staff to be highly experienced in managing behaviours of concern but also you must have a positive & friendly outlook to contribute to improving his quality of life through a person centred approach.
To be successful in your role as a Disability Support Worker, you will have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support/Disability or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience supporting individuals with Autism presenting with complex behavioural support needs
- Knowledge & experience Implementing specialist behaviour support strategies
- Availability & commitment to work a variety of shifts during the week/weekends
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or DHS Clearance
- TGA approved Covid-19 vaccination including booster or medical exemption
- Current First Aid/CPR accreditation (HLTAID003 & HLTAID001)
- Medication Administration Competency (Assist with Medication)
- Safety Intervention Training (Formerly known as MAPA)
- Full Australian Drivers Licence
Why Join us
- Values-based culture and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
- Our process of matching staff/clients is designed to build long term relationships between support workers and participants
- You are supported throughout a journey ensuring you make a real difference
- 24/7 support from a strong management team
To join our vibrant team, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your availability, suitability for the position and relevant qualifications using the appropriate link.
Note: Only applicants with relevant experience as outlined above will be considered
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within Individual Support? Consider a Certificate 3 in Individual Support (Disability) with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.