Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
- Permanent, full-time (38 hour working week)
- Multiple positions based at Elizabeth Residential Aged Care facilities
- Sociable working hours generally between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday
- Deliver high-quality facility based catering to enhance the overall dining experience for our residents
Who are we looking for?
Aged Care services is our largest operational portfolio with six residential aged care homes, three independent living villages and an extensive community aged care service where older people are respected, their needs are met and their dignity and independence maintained.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate Head Chef’s to be part of a new initiative where you will have the opportunity to play an instrumental role in creating a new dining experience in our Residential Aged Care service. Calling upon your experience in a high quality kitchen environment, you will make a difference in the lives of our residents by preparing, cooking and serving nourishing and attractive in-house meals to create a memorable dining experience.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Deliver high-quality facility based catering in accordance with menus and agreed standards
- Provide effective leadership to achieve high standards of customer service
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and play a key part in implementing a whole new dining experience
- Meet the needs of our residents and cater for events and special occasions, as required
- Elevate the look, feel and overall atmosphere of meal time
- Be responsible for the site kitchen and ensure smooth operations at all times
What do you need to bring?
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a similar role in a high-quality kitchen environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to manage kitchen staff effectively
AnglicareSA is committed to ensuring that our workplace is safe and free from known risks to the health and safety of employees, volunteers, students, and customers. Due to the nature of our services, you will be required to provide AnglicareSA with your COVID-19 vaccination certificate during the selection process.
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What we offer:
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Family friendly working hours between 7am to 7pm
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving lives by working collaboratively
How to Apply:
View the attached Job Description via the vacancy’s application page on the AnglicareSA website for further details on the role requirements.
If this sounds like you please click on Apply and submit your application!
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact: Belle – Recruitment Business Partner at [email protected]
AnglicareSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage all suitably qualified candidates apply.
We are committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact the person listed above to discuss joining AnglicareSA and visit our website for details on our Aboriginal Services.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within a kitchen? Consider a Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery course with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.