Lutheran Homes Group
Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
- Casual to start with possible permanent shifts for the right person
- Purposeful work: Use your skills and experience to make a meaningful difference
- Opportunity to develop your skills and experience in a supportive, caring team
- Base salary + superannuation + salary packaging + casual loading
Lutheran Homes Group (LHG) is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential, home care, and retirement living services for senior Australians. Our dedicated team of almost 1000 employees and volunteers work tirelessly to deliver personalised support and care to more than 1,600 aged care residents and home care consumers. We believe in empowering our consumers to live their lives with dignity and choice every day.
At LHG, we are committed to providing the highest quality care to our consumers. We constantly innovate and nurture our staff to ensure we remain at the forefront of best practice in the industry. We take pride in our rich tradition and history, and we strive to grow while maintaining the values that define us. Join us in our mission to make a positive difference in the lives of senior Australians.
About the role
As a Home Care Worker with LHG working across north-eastern Adelaide, you will report to the Client Services Manager and work closely with all Home Care team members. You will provide assistance, support and direct care to consumers in their homes. You will travel between consumers and provide personal, physical and emotional support to older people who require assistance with daily living.
- Provide all aspects of care to the consumer as per their care plan ensuring that care delivered is of the highest quality
- Deliver care activities which may include; showering and personal care assistance, medication management, transport to appointments, social & emotional support, shopping meal preparation, laundry and domestic assistance
- Monitor and report incidents and identified changes in caring needs of clients
- Carer credentials as follows: essential
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing); or
- Student Registered Nurse – 2nd Year; or
- Student Enrolled Nurse – having completed the aged care placement
- SA Driver’s License essential
- Motor Vehicle essential
- Previous Community Care experience highly regarded
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Well-developed communication (face-to-face and written) skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people
- Self-directed and ability to work autonomously
Candidates may be subject to a pre-employment medical assessment and LHG strongly recommends COVID-19 and Flu vaccinations for all staff. The successful candidate will also require a National Police Check for the purposes of working unsupervised in aged care or NDIS worker clearance.
Why Lutheran Homes Group?
- Work with passion and purpose to drive positive outcomes in an inspiring and stimulating work environment
- Utilise your skills and experience to make a real difference in the lives of senior Australians
- Receive coaching and mentoring from our experienced managers who are invested in your growth and development
- Unleash your potential with opportunities to learn and grow within the organisation
- Collaborate with a team of like-minded professionals in a supportive and empowering environment
How to apply
To apply or to see a detailed position description, please click ‘Apply Now’.
Applications close 11:30pm Thursday, 22 February, 2024
Candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to the closing date so apply today!
Please note we are not accepting recruitment agency applications at this time.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within Individual Support? Consider a Certificate III in Individual Support with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.