Receptionist/Administration Officer | SUHO
Celebrating 15 years of excellence this year, SUHO (Sustainability House) has been operating in Adelaide from 2003, expanding nationally to include offices in Perth in 2012 and Melbourne in 2013.
SUHO offers ‘end to end’ sustainability solutions and compliance consultancy to the building industry. Our services include design, energy efficiency assessments, ESD consultancy, Green Star, auditing services, training, education and research. We pride ourselves on integrity in our profession and quality in our work.
SUHO have an extensive list of valued clients including some of Australia’s top volume builders, award winning architectural firms and government agencies. Our consultants are widely recognised for providing the best solutions and a superior customer experience.
Your New Opportunity Awaits:
SUHO is seeking someone exceptional! Ideally you will have experience or at least a keen interest in sustainable design and the building industry. You will be an efficient administrator who is vibrant, charismatic and great with people. This role is highly customer service focused and is an allrounder position consisting of reception and administration duties, supporting a national, dedicated and talented team, to supply consulting services to the building industry.
For the right candidate, this role can progress to consultancy level so long as you have the initiative and are eager to learn and absorb knowledge from all around you. You will require the skills and ability to be able to read and interpret building plans and constructions, understand building codes and provide an excellent consultancy service. SUHO is willing to develop, if you have the right attitude and desire to be taught.
The position is full-time and offers a flexible yet challenging work environment within a hardworking and dedicated team. This is a great opportunity for a graduate of the building or sustainability sector or for an administrator seeking a company with vision and opportunities for progression.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide superior customer service (internal and external)
- Answering phones (low volume)
- Taking customer enquiries/dealing with queries/problem solving
- Administer and monitor client requests
- Maintain residential inbox – (high volume)
- Maintain other mailboxes
- Provide general office and administration support
- Ordering of consumables
- Maintaining internal company systems
- Office/events coordinating/set up
- A passion and keen interest in sustainability and the environment
- Excellent customer service and people skills, liaising with and managing customer relationships
- The ability to quickly grasp new and complex concepts, systems and procedures (all software programs used are SUHO designed)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- High attention to detail
- Supportive and enthusiastic, with the initiative to get things done with a can-do attitude
The following skills and experience are also desirable but not essential;
- A good understanding of residential building practices and principles
- An understanding of the National Construction Code
- Sound knowledge and experience with Bluebeam, FirstRate 5 (or similar) software, DesignBuilder
- Experience in drafting, architecture, or construction
In return for your valued contribution, SUHO offer a safe, flexible and supportive work environment where hard work is rewarded and appreciated. If you want to share in our vision and be part of our future development, please apply promptly.
Applications must include a cover letter addressing your experience and or knowledge detailed in the above description, accompanied by a CV. Only applicants demonstrating the requested criteria will be considered.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for an administration roll? Consider a Certificate 3 in Business Administration with HITsa
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.