Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
- Ongoing support from dedicated Support Worker Team Leaders
- Paid Traineeship
About the role
As a Support Worker your role will be to assist a diverse range of clients including aged, disability and high needs clients with activities of daily living and providing support services such as Domestic Assistance, Social Support, Specialist Children and Adult Services, Respite and Personal Care at their home and in the community. Located in North, East and West suburbs of Adelaide.
- Promote Client choice, positive routines and activities ensuring they are meaningful to the Client as per Calvary Community Care’s service delivery Model.
- Report changes in client’s health, care plans or if additional services are needed.
- Review regularly communications recieved by email, Support Worker Connect and other communication methods to ensure current knowledge of policies, procedures and activities across Calvary.
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and the health and safety of others in the workplace.
- Protect the rights and confidentiality of clients by ensuring the care provided maintains client dignity and privacy.
What you bring
- A Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care, Disability or Individual Support (desirable)
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence, insured, reliable motor vehicle and smart mobile phone
- Capacity to embrace a role that is meaningful for the community and yourself
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time
- Proficiency in use of technology such as smart phones, email and internet
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now!
Please note the following:
- Only applicants with a valid right to work in Australia will be considered.
- As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role including Influenza.
- Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within Individual Support? Consider a Certificate 3 in Individual Support with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.