Website National Wine Centre
Wine Bar Manager | National Wine Centre
The National Wine Centre (NWC), is currently building a focused team to build and deliver a truly exceptional and unique experience at one of South Australia’s most iconic tourism venues and an award winning Conference and Events Centre.
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced person with a passion for wine to manage our “Wined Bar”.
As the Wined Bar Manager you will play a key role in ensuring client expectations are met with a strong focus on developing your team to create a positive and productive work environment. Your ability to build, motivate and lead the “Wined Bar” team to ensure they are highly engaged to deliver exceptional customer service will be critical to the role.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will work in partnership with other areas of the NWC to continuously drive and identify revenue, product and guest experience enhancement opportunities.
It is essential the successful candidate has the availability to work across a 7 day roster.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Passion and a genuine interest in Wine
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Food and Beverage operations
- Rostering experience including labour, food and beverage cost management
- Experience and understanding of financial reporting and cash up procedures including stocktaking
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work well under pressure within competing deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- RSA – Current Certificate valid in SA
- WSET or equivalent qualifications desirable
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the wine bar ensuring quality presentation at all times
- Recommend and advise on Australian wine pairings with food, upsell and provide knowledge on wine qualities
- Delegate duties to team members whilst adhering to policies and procedures at all times
- Assist customers with the operation of the enomatic wine system and process cellar door sales
- Balance daily takings as per procedure
- Rostering of the wine bar employees
- Administrative tasks including time sheet verification, reporting and stocktaking
- Provide on the job training including developing and supporting training plans and SOP’s
If you possess the skills, experience & availability detailed above, and are dedicated to pursuing a career in hospitality with an organisation that prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service, please send your resume with cover letter to Tamara Crowley – Human Resources Advisor via the seek application process.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready course’s to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a management roll? Consider completing our Certificate 4 in Leadership
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.