HITsa Training and Employment – Policy and Procedure
Access and Equity
HITsa is committed to achieving best practice in the provision of all services. We acknowledge that this is dependent on non-discriminatory access to services and comparable educational outcomes by all. By providing accessible opportunities to all clients in order to be able to develop knowledge and skills to enhance life and work opportunities.
HITsa Training and Employment
HITsa recognises that numerous individuals and/or groups can experience unequal educational opportunities and outcomes. These groups can include women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from a non-English speaking background, people with physical or intellectual disability, the long term unemployed, mature aged job seekers and the rurally isolated.
This policy assists HITsa to aim for equal educational and vocational opportunities and outcomes for all clients. HITsa strive to ensure that programs and services are relevant, accessible, fair and inclusive by
- promoting programs and services to the community in a manner that includes and reflects the diverse client population, to ensure that all prospective students are well informed on the options available to meet individual training needs
- ensuring that groups traditionally under-represented in training and employment can participate and achieve the outcomes as any other member of the community
- undertaking to eliminate policies, practices, structures, assumptions and behaviours which may contribute to the disadvantages suffered by under-represented groups in training and employment
HITsa will strive to ensure that
- students will be recruited in an ethical and responsible manner
- appropriately qualified staff will assess the extent to which the applicant is likely to achieve the stated competency standards and outcomes of the course
- staff and students are provided with information about access and equity issues and customer complaint, grievances and appeals process
- staff understand and adhere to all access and equity policies and procedures and behave in a courteous, sensitive and non-discriminatory manner
- students are aware of their responsibilities for behaving in a courteous manner
HITsa has legal obligations to ensure that our working and teaching practices are fair and equitable, and our working and learning environment are non-discriminatory.