Sourced from: www.seek.com.au
Novita provides early intervention, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive technology and disability services to more than 4,300 people living with disability, as well as support for their families and carers. Our primary purpose is to enable kids, young people and adults living with disability and their families to participate in the community to their full potential.
About the Role
- Opportunity to work in an innovative and dynamic environment
- Regular, permanent part time shifts across locations
- Variety of roles to expand your experience
- Support to engage in professional development
- Generous salary packaging option
For decades the scosa and Novita organisations have been supporting South Australians living with disabilities. In 2019 the two organisations merged, making us one of the largest disability service providers in the state. Both the scosa and Novita brands remain prominent in the community. In the metropolitan areas of Adelaide, our Day Options programs continue to operate under the scosa brand, supported by additional resources from Novita including Individualised and Group Support and Supported Independent Living.
This is an opportunity to enjoy variety in placements while having the security of a permanent part time position.
As a Disability Support Worker working with Novita, you will contribute to the planning and provision of a responsive client and family-centred service providing Hub and In-Home supports. Be an active member of our service in these hands-on roles and use your knowledge and experience working with people with physical and intellectual disabilities to promote independent living skills, community participation and relationship building in a safe environment.
As a team player with flexibility and availability, who enjoys communicating with a variety of people, you will utilise your initiative and self-motivation whilst demonstrating your client-centred approach to service delivery.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Satisfactory criminal history checks for working with children and disability services
- Minimum Certificate III in Individualised Support, Disability, Community Services (or equivalent)
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (inc CPR)
- Manual Handling (Health Care)
- Ability to commit to blocks of work across locations
- Effective verbal and written communication between clients, families, staff and care givers
- Maintaining a strong client focus in all situations
- Promoting Novita and scosa aims and objectives to all clients and the community at large
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management and maintenance
- Interpreting and acting upon client’s communication needs, health care plans and meal time guidelines, and identifying and responding to individual health concerns and recording relevant observations in client diaries
- Administering prescribed medication on a needs basis to individual clients and accurately recording the administration of the prescribed medication in accordance with the Health Care Policy
- Work to best practice Work Health & Safety Standards
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an Assessment Centre for as part of the selection process.
All Novita and scosa employees are required to undertake mandatory training relevant to their role. Support Workers are paid in accordance with the Social, Community Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS).
Apply Now and make a difference!
This is your opportunity to become a key member of Novita’s team and to make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disability.
Novita is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants with a disability and/or who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a criminal history check prior to confirmation of employment.
HITsa offer a variety of job ready courses to kick start your career or expand your knowledge.
Looking for a role within Individual Support? Consider a Certificate 3 in Individual Support (Disability) with HITsa.
View all upcoming course dates – Course Dates
Looking for more Jobs Available? View our Jobs Board that gets updated daily with jobs in Adelaide.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.