Basic Skills for the Food Industry Skill Set – SSDIS01007
This course will provide introductory training that develops employability skills and enables you to find out more about an industry before embarking on further education or employment.
How would you like to be part of a team producing beautiful food in one of South Australia’s restaurants, cafes, bars, resorts or hotels? Or perhaps you want to work in food in a different setting like aged care, correctional centres, residential catering, event catering or in-flight and other transport catering?
Basic Skills for the Food Industry covers all the ‘must know’ basic skills that employers are looking for to get you started or to give you a head start in training for a new career!
Training will be completed over a 3 week period and include the following units of nationally recognised training.
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
This course is funded by the State Government through JobTrainer (eligibility criteria applies).