Basic Skills for Retail Skill Set – SSDIS01014
This course will provide introductory training that develops employability skills and enables you to find out more about an industry before embarking on further education or employment.
This course provides must know skills for people entering retail for the first time.
Covering both employability skills and practical, hands on skills to ensure students are job ready from day 1.
Learn how to produce visual merchandise displays. Produce and secure point of sale terminal and essential customer service skills.
Training will be completed over a 3 week period and include the following units of nationally recognised training.
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCOM001 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRRRTF001 Balance & secure point of sale terminal
- SIRRMER001 Produce visual merchandise displays
This course is funded by the State Government through JobTrainer (eligibility criteria applies).