HITsa Training and Employment – Policy and Procedure
Fees – Refunds
HITsa Training and Employment (HITsa) is required to document how refunds will be determined and that they are fair and equitable and that the timeframe for payment is reasonable.
HITsa Training and Employment staff and sites.
HITsa will charge a fee for all training conducted This fee may be paid by either the student, employer or a third party. Fees must be paid in full prior to the release of a parchment or certificate. Payment plans are available for courses over $500 and this must have been agreed upon, documented and signed off by both parties prior to the commencement of training.
If a student withdraws from a course that they are enrolled to attend they need to notify HITsa in writing or email as refunds will not be generated automatically.
HITsa is not responsible for changes in personal circumstances or work commitments but will take this into account on a case by case basis.
Refunds will be assessed and processed within 14 days of receipt of written notification.
HITsa has clearly defined parameters for refunds which will be adhered to and only the Executive Officer has the authority to review this on a case by case basis.
Full Refund – A full refund of paid fees will apply where
- a class/course is cancelled by HITsa
- a student accepts an offer in a higher-level course with HITsa
- a student withdraws or is a non-attendance and contacts HITsa prior to the day of scheduled attendance
- online payments incur an administration fee – these are non-refundable as it is a third party charge incurred at the time of booking
No refund – No refund of paid fees will apply where
- a student fails to complete the course or attend scheduled training without notifying HITsa prior to the day of scheduled attendance
- If a student is withdrawn/removed from a course due to unacceptable behaviour
- if a student pays a deposit and then does not attend the training or notify HITsa prior to the commencement of training the deposit is forfeited
- a student fails to complete the course or attend scheduled training and is uncontactable
Deferment and/or Replacement – No refund of paid fees will apply
- should a student be booked into a course and wish to defer from study, they will be given a 6-month period to recommence study from the time of deferment. If the student does not re-engage then payment will be forfeited, and no refund will be available
- if a course is booked by a third-party and the student does not attend the training, the third-party will be given the opportunity to re-book the student or replace with another upon request, but if the re-book is a no show the fee paid will be forfeited
Government funded training – subsidised training list
HITsa is required to charge a student co-contribution for Government funded training activity through the subsidised training list. This co-contribution is payable on enrolment and is non-refundable should the student decide to withdraw or not complete the qualification. Student co-contributions are listed on our website – please refer to www.hitsa.com.au for full details on each offering.